Saturday, October 11, 2008

First frost and an award

We got our first frost this morning... A couple days ago, we actually had a tiny bit of frost, just on a few clover leaves, but today was a real frost.
The sky looked so wierd this morning with the sun kind of hiding behind the trees and making a halo.

I'm glad that the ice on the bucket is only a thin film, and not a quarter, or half inch thick like it gets in the winter.

The grass out in front the Horse Barn.
One good thing about the frost, all the frosty barbed wire pictures!
Trace is up in the Ten Acre field watching Melvin run at mach 5 to the house. He got shocked on Nick's electric fence. Melvin had to run to house so he could shiver and hide under the table for a few hours.

The other day, Shirely over at Ride A Good Horse gave me this award. First of all, thank you, Shirely!

The text that goes with the award: “To translate the gift from Portuguese to English, it means: “This blog invests and believes, the proximity” (meaning, that blogging makes us ‘close’ - being close through proxy)

“They all are charmed with the blogs, where in the majority of its aims are to show the marvels and to do friendship; there are persons who are not interested when we give them a prize, and then they help to cut these bows; do we want that they are cut, or that they propagate? Then let’s try to give more attention to them! So with this prize we must deliver it to bloggers that in turn must make the same thing and put this text.”
I'm passing this award onto Threecollie, and Paula

**On another note, I'm goin to set aside some time tomorrow and go through and answer all the comments that I'm behind on.**

6 comments:

Paula said...

Oh, I like that first photo of the sunrise beaming through the trees. It reminds me of those beautiful posters that have inspirational or motivational phrases on them. I think the Fall weather is here to stay, although I'll gladly take cold and sunny over wet, drizzle, drip! Congratulations on your award! Thank you for passing it on to me; that was a wonderful surprise!

Paula said...

Ha! We must have logged on at the same time! I just left a msg here, and then checked my own msgs and saw yours. Great minds and all that ...:-) Thanks again for the award!

threecollie said...

Oh, thank you so much! That is really sweet of you. And congratulations on your award...which you much deserve. Your photography and prose are outstanding

kdwhorses said...

What a cool picture of the sun! WOW!

I agree I love the barbed wire in the frost, another good one is a spider web!

Trace is such a fine looking boy! Great pic!

Trapper Creek Daughter said...

Paula, I like that photo too. I've never seen anything like that before, I just had to get the camera and snap a picture of it!

Your welcome, you deserve it with all those mouth watering food pictures you put on your blog!

That's so funny about us being on blogger at the same time. Even though it's the world wide web, you kind of forget that other people are looking at the same thing you are, at the same time!

Threecollie, Your welcome!

Trapper Creek Daughter said...

Kdwhorses, Yeah, frosty spiderwebs are cool!

I know, he's so cute when he's all alert and watching something.