Friday, October 3, 2008

The best $50 I ever made



This is actually yesterday's sunrise, not sunset!

The sky when from the picture above to the this picture in less than thirty minutes and started to rain a little bit while I was on scaffolding, taking some pictures of the new roofing.

It's kind of rare around here to see a sunrise that looks like it could be a sunset.

Here's a picture that my mom took of the potatoes I was digging Tuesday and Wednesday, before it started raining on Thursday morning.

These are Purple Vikings. This was one of the hills with some large potatoes in them. Most of the hills had a nice mix of medium and large ones, and some hills were one huge one, and ten the size of marbles.
I dug most of the five rows, and got paid $50, $10 a row. That should be about three bags of horse food...

Anyway, I finished them in early evening, and then it was hurry, take a shower, fix dinner, and then go to guitar class, so Mom and I didn't get them picked up that night. On Thursday morning before breakfast, we got the two "food" wheelbarrows and hurriedly picked up all the spuds before the rain came. We just got the last wheel borrow in the barn when it started to rain lightly.


This is one of the huge potatoes. Some of the larger have hollow heart, but not all of them, and I'm hoping these big ones don't.

4 comments:

kdwhorses said...

Wow~those are huge! Good job on the $!! You crack me, that would be x amount of feed! We think alike!

Shirley said...

Never seen that colour on a potatoe!

Anonymous said...

Now here I was thinking the $50 had been made from the gorgeous sunrise photos!

Massive, massive potato! Cool to look at but I'm so over them since being fed waaaaaaay too many while in Ireland :D

That's quite a list of book likes you have!

Trapper Creek Daughter said...

Kdwhorses,There were some pretty big ones. With grain prices these days, you have to think like that!

Shirley, Really? V.P's are pretty common around here.

Chris, haha, no, not yet!

You must have eat a bunch, because I haven't gotten tired of them yet!

That's not even all of the books...I like to read constantly, sometimes I can read two books in one day!