Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm feeling squirrelly...

Found this cute little guy in the walnut tree on the south side of the driveway. When I'm sitting at the computer, I can see him making trips back and forth about six or eight times a day.


He was very tame, he let me get within five or six feet of him and he just kept nibbling on his walnut, and sorta keeping one eye on me. He didn't care if I moved around, either.


Had to stop and scratch on his way back to wherever he goes.

This is his route. (click on the picture to see full size)

3 comments:

Paula said...

Aw, he's just a little guy! Seems like there are more squirrels and raccoons around this year ... I live in suburbia so that's saying something. We also have a family of skunks that moved in my vicinity this summer. Poor guys have probably been displaced by yet another development somewhere. Nice to see your little guy out doing his thing in his natural habitat. Great photos!

kdwhorses said...

He's a cutie! I love watching them! They are funny little characters!

Trapper Creek Daughter said...

Paula, He actually won't really get any bigger, but they are the cutest little things.

Hope your skunks don't spray under the house!

Kdwhorses, They are! About a month back when it was so hot, I was sitting behind our holly hedge by the road, trying to stay cool, and one of the spirrels would sit on a limb and watch me. If I talked to him, he'd come closer, or if he was in a differnt tree, he'd run over and see. It was very funny to watch.