Sunday, September 14, 2008

A year ago today...


Photo credit: keithurbanfans.com

Do you recognize this face? If you are a country music fan, or happen to live with a country aficionado, then you probably know that this is Keith Urban. Keith has played guitar and sang his way into the hearts of millions, not just nation wide, but world wide.

Last year, on September 14, my parents took me to see him when he came to Portland, as a reward for all my work over the summer.

He put on an amazing show; I had a blast. I even converted my dad into a fan after seeing his mind-blowing guitar skills. I only wish that we had the digital camera then. Oh well, there's always next time...

The Wreckers opened. Their acoustics were so bad that you could hardly hear them singing. Luckily Keith had much better sound, and you could actually hear him talking. Gotta love a Australian accent!

Oh, did I mention that he had a 50' x 20' plasma LCD screen behind him? That he did. Which was great, because our seats were up in the back and he was about a foot tall on the stage.

In 2005, Keith won the CMA Entertainer of the Year award. After seeing him in concert, I can see why. Keith's a true entertainer; he puts on great show, and he genuinely loves his fans and very interactive with them at a concert.

Here's a video of him singing the song that got me listening to his music, "Better Life." This was in Sydney, Australia, 2005.


3 comments:

Paula said...

He's so darn cute! Now I'll be humming "Somebody Like You" all day!

threecollie said...

I love live shows and have been converted several times to liking folks whose albums didn't do anything for me. Glad you got to see him

Trapper Creek Daughter said...

Paula, He is!

Threecollie, I love live shows too. It's always interesting how the artists change the words a little.