Friday, August 8, 2008

Ghosts in the fog

This morning we woke up to low clouds and drizzle. Not good weather for having hay down, which we just so happen to have, but luckily it's not a big piece.

On the way over to take a couple pictures of the new barbed wire gate, the fog was so thick that you could hardly see the trees around the house and the orchard across the road, which was no more than one hundred twenty yards ahead of us. The trees reminded me of ghosts in fog.




This is my favorite of the fog pictures I took the this morning.


Milk cow lurking in the fog.

And there was plenty of spiderwebs covered in dew or mist drops all over the tall grass in the barnyard and the wooden fence and the metal gates, too.

In other exciting news, I got kicked in the hip by the brown/caramel colored Gelbvieh "Keith", who was part of the load that we were taking to the butcher in Canby. Luckily there was nothing broken and no bruise either. :D

6 comments:

threecollie said...

I love your photos, especially the cow! Foggy, late summer mornings are so lovely.
Sorry you got kicked though. I hate to get kicked. Even if there are no lasting effects I always get a rush of adrenaline that takes forever to wear off.

kdwhorses said...

Glad it was just a bruise! Ouch! Guess he/she was getting the final word!

Love the spider web pics~I think they look so cool when they are like that! And you can see them better!

Very thick fog, cool looking pics!!

Anonymous said...

Is that Bigfoot in that picture?

Linda said...

You are QUITE the photographer! I love the ethereal look and feel of a foggy morning. Did you kick back?

Trapper Creek Daughter said...

Threecollie, yeah, the foggy mornings are cool. Della was staring at us because my happened be carrying a white bucket that we put the minerals in to take over to the cows, and she thought it might have grain in it.

And yes, I got some of that adrenaline rush too...

Kdwhorses, Now that you put it that way, I guess he was getting the last word!

The dew bejeweled spider webs are my favorite thing about foggy morning/days!

Nita, No, that's not Bigfoot, it's Cow Whisperer.

Linda,Thank you! No, unfortunately, I didn't kick back, but I told him that if he didn't behave, he was going to go to a place called "Iceland". Little did he know that he was going there anyway!

Trapper Creek Daughter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.