Wednesday, August 20, 2008

October?

Did we skip a month and it's really October, and nobody told me? Okay, maybe we didn't, but it sure feels that way.
It's dark and cloudy all day, and raining, too.


As you can see from this picture, that we have about four hundred 18" x 36" x 14" sponges out there soaking up all of that rain. We did get two loads hauled before the rain hit us, but there is still four or five more out there.

On a brighter note, we did get three boxes of miscellaneous flooring scraps, and a bundle of stickers from the flooring mill down in Portland yesterday.



These boxes are about 4' x 4' and three or three a half feet tall. One down, two more to go!


Our helper. . . I didn't even notice that Trace was sitting in the cab of the truck until I reached for the camera, which was on the dashboard. What's funny is that he can jump right in the pickup when he really wants to get in, but otherwise you have to lift his back end up, and help him get in.

Wheeeee! I just love the look on Trace's face - priceless! He always gets this funny look on his face right before he starts running his circles and figure eights, like most aussies do.

I'm sorry, but I can't take credit for this one - my mom took it. It's a blue Lacecap Hydrangea.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I'll be so glad when October gets here. That' too bad about the idiot sponges, do you suppose they'll dry out enough to be usable?

Shirley said...

I am sorry to see all that hay getting soaked! But your dogs are cute; gotta love it when they get goofy.

Trapper Creek Daughter said...

This field has been a nightmare ever since it was time to bale it.. but we just might be able to salvage some of it.

I know, I love watching them run and play. You should have seen them on Sunday; they played and "helped" us for hours.